Clavicle fracture Surgical treatment : Overview and PostOp. management

Patient : Hello I wonder if you can help me, I've broken my Collar bone and nEed surgery to fit a plate, how long will it be before I can play football again? Tabkyou
Doctor :    Most of clavicle fractures have been considered best treated nonoperatively, with good outcomes. Management typically i included the use of either a shoulder sling or a figure-of-eight brace. The vast majority of these fractures healed, with variable cosmetic deformity. When a midshaft clavicle fracture requires surgical fixation, there are 2 methods of fixation that are commonly performed. Both methods involve open reduction of the fracture, followed by either insertion of an intramedullary device or fixation with a plate and screws Much controversy exists regarding the appropriate management of fractures of the distal third of the clavicle. Incidence of nonunion of displaced distal third fractures is high, and current recommendations are to fix these injuries surgically. Maybe this is your case. Recommendations for postoperative management of clavicle fractures consists of sling support for 2-4 weeks. During this time, the patient performs active range of motion exercises of the elbow and hand and pendulum exercises for shoulder motion. At about 2 weeks, the patient may begin low impact activities. After 3-4 weeks, the patient begins assisted range of motion of the shoulder and progresses to active range of motion as tolerated.