Clicking Knee Could be a Meniscal Injury

Patient : My right leg knee problem, The clicking sound coming for every day. But No pain, What the reason for sound coming. I am only 21 years old. Last 4 months the knee sound noise coming for every day.
Doctor :   The menisci are C-shaped wedges of fibrocartilage located between the tibia and femur, and very close related to knee li gaments and attached also to the joint capsule. They are susceptible to get injured with leg rotation movements or rotational forces applied to them, and the lesion produced can be partial or complete tear. Meniscal injuries are common in young males who are involved in sporting or manual activities. Locking is a common symptom after a meniscal lesion develops. Locking usually occurs at 20-45° of joint extension. If a torn fragment has been trapped within the joint, extension may feel limited against a rubbery resistance. Joint inflammation or capsular involvement also may resemble locking. A more reliable indicator of meniscal lesion is a click or snaps after the joint unlocks, it can be or not associated with pain. A sensation of giving way may occur when the loose fragment becomes lodged for a moment in the knee joint, causing a sense of buckling. This finding should be distinguished from the sensation of giving way due to joint instability (eg, ACL tear) or buckling secondary to decreased activity of the quadriceps femoris muscle. Given the description you did about the problem of your knee, and if you had previous history of a knee injury that you can remember, it could be important to rule out a Meniscal lesion.