Clomid delay cycle?

Patient

Q: 1st clomid. Estradiol on day 17 was almost 600 and progesterone on day 21 was 76. My cycles are usually 26-28 days. Day 30 now and neg HPT. Ideas?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Wait for another 3-4 days and repeat the home pregnancy test, to see if you have conceived. Sometimes due to stress, strain, hormonal imbalance, delayed ovulation, excessive exercise or weight loss or gain the periods could get delayed. If you are too anxious it is preferable to opt for a blood test for βhCG which can detect if pregnancy if there very early on.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.