Closed Fracture Radius and Ulna (left)

Patient

Q: Hello, I am a 23 year old male. Three weeks ago, Dec 17, I had H O fall on my outstretched arm while playing. I suffered closed fracture radius and ulna, left. I got surgery done on Dec 18 .The treatment is as follows, Open reduction,7H DCP to Ulna, Open reduction,5H recon plate fixation to Radius, under brachial block. Doctor says it would take 3 months.

I am worried whether it will be normal again. Will I be able to do exercises like push ups or weightlifting again? When can I get those plates off? Will the forearm be fine if I get the plates removed after 2 years? Do I have to keep those plates for life? I have uploaded a photo of the x-ray. Its not a digital x-ray. I take photo of the x-ray plate. So, the photo is not much clear.

Doctor