Cocaine use, trying to conceive

Patient : My husband and I are trying to conceive, we have had sex on jan 9th and january 11th around the time of my ovulation. I made a mistake and snorted 4 small lines of cocaine on jan 13 late,jan14 early morning. I am afraid that if I am pregnant, that I have harmed my unborn baby, I a also afraid of learning disabilities later in life. I am not a drug user, I just made a mistake. Please let me know if I have done something. Thank you
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Given the fact that you consumed cocaine very shortly after sexual intercourse, and you are not certain that you may have become pregnant or not, it is difficult to determine if this will affect your possible pregnancy and unborn child. Having said that, congenital defects, developmental problems, and risk of miscarriage are all associated repeated cocaine usage during pregnancy. It is important to determine if you are pregnant seeing your doctor and performing a pregnancy test at their office. Once this is determined, we encourage you to inform your doctor about your cocaine use in order for them to carefully monitor you throughout your pregnancy to determine if this may have affected your child in anyway. It is our belief that this transient usage of cocaine has a low risk of affecting your possible pregnancy. Do not use any alcohol or illicit drugs for the duration of your pregnancy. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com