Cold

Patient : 4 days ago I got a very sore throat. I went to the doctors the next day and got a amoxicillin prescription. It has not been doing anything for me. This morning I had tons of trouble breathing, and coughing up blood. I went to the hospital right after. The doctor was in the room under a minute and said my vital signs are okay. He did not look at my throat and didnt really check my breathing. He gave no time for me to breathe in and out. Then said "You will live" Im still very worried because Im having shortness of breath. Is there anything I can do at home to help? Also should I go out to a different hospital since the medication is not working and because he did not check properly?
Symptoms:  very sore throat, coughing, stuffed nose, shorteness of breath, hard time breathing while walking,