Cold along with chills and increased heart rate: What do i have

Q: Racing heart beat that comes and goes, a bit of a headache, iv been shaking for a couple hours but its not low blood sugar or me being cole, iv also had a fever that comes and goes...iv had a cough for a couple days but everything else just started today. do i have some sort of virus or something?

A:   You may be having some kind of infection which is leading to these symptoms . The fact that you are having a cold indicates the same. It could be a viral or a bacterial infection which may be affecting your lungs or the upper respiratory tract and needs to be investigated. When we have an infection our body tries to fight it off by increasing our heart rate ie tachycardia, fever and chills etc .Please consult a physician in person for further examination and investigations like a chest xray and a CBC. All the best.