Cold and cough in a young baby

Patient : Dear Sir, My 19 months old baby girl always gets cold and cough infection from her grandfather . Please suggest me the ways to protect her from cold and cough.
Doctor :   Babies have a weak immune system and thus are more susceptible and prone to catching infections easily as compared to ad ults. Cold and cough infections are mostly transmitted through airborne methods and thus the best way to prevent your baby from catching these infections would be maintaining basic preventive hygienic  measures at home for eg: Always sneeze and cough into your sleeve or a tissue and not on your hands as they then become contaminated and can spread the infection. Always cover your sneeze or cough. Try and ask everyone to wash their hands before touching the baby in order to prevent the spread of infection. Kids also tend to pick up these infections at times from day care as they are around other children. Keep your child hydrated, and if he/she has a cold or cough raise the head of the bed a little so that they are in a semi inclined position and this makes it easier to breathe.