Cold and flu, coughing and sore throat, runny nose,

Patient: I’ve had cough for 4 days now runny and stuffy nose. Had fever lower than 101 now it’s gone. Now mainly my throat and coughing is is the problem. And when I breathe I make weird noise. What medication is best to take to solve my symptoms.

Symptoms: Coughing runny nose throat issues

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.Sore throat and cough due to viral infection ( CORYZA) just do Luke warm sali ne water gargling. Your symptoms of stridor (noise while breathing generally a musical sound) could be due to the inflammation of the epiglottitis. Epiglotis is a flap present at the base of the tongue that prevents the food from entering the windpipe.I recommend a visit to the physician immediately as stridor is usually the indication of obstructed airway. Epiglottitis is a very serious condition as it can lead to sudden obstruction of the airways if left untreated hence difficulty in breathing. Visualization of the airway is an essential step. Once diagnosed, physician would prescribe antibiotics and anti-inflammatories to treat the epiglottitis. Oxygen mask and steroids may be used depending on the severity of the condition.Hope this information was useful.