Cold and flu question

Patient

Q: I have fluid in my ears due to two ear infections i am taking amoxicillin what else can i do to relieve fluid from my ears? I cannot hear. also ive been sick for 5 days today.

Symptoms:  Coughing,earache,headache,pressure in face
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”

It appears that you have developed acute respiratory infection with swelling of mucosa that is troubling you. This type of symptom is possible in acute otitis media.
Steam inhalation will help you more.
Allergies and viral infections are commonly leading to otitis.
For now you may require treatment with antibiotics, antiallergics, decongestants, painkillers, mucolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
For getting prescription of these medicines, you are advised to consult your doctor.

Wish you a good health