Cold and flu symptoms

Q: I am a 63 year old female and I came down with first a hard cough that left me teary eyed and my ribs hurt for a couple days from coughing so much, then the last three days, I have had congestion with my nose running like a faucet. I have stayed inside and in bed for the last five days, today the congestion is finally letting up and I feel a tad better, but am weak and have no appetite and my stomach is queasy. Is this part of the flu process.

Symptoms:  Hard cough for about two days, followed by three days of congestion and nose running like a faucet, now am weak and stomach is queasy.