Cold and Smoking questions

Patient : Hi I have had a cold for the past week or so, but i've also been a smoker for close to 2 years now (20 a day for the first year, at about 30/day now) and would just like to ask a few questions. 1. I have vomited while i was coughing earlier today, just wondering if i should look into that more? 2. sometimes get a very short and slightly sharp chest pain near my heart area. 3. Haven't noticed this as much lately, but sometimes when i work (warehouse) i get a sort of burning feeling in my chest/lung area? Hard to explain the sensation but thats the best i can do really. 4. Have been very wheezy lately, and whenever i cough i can hear the phlegm. wondering if thats because of the cold or smoking (probably had to tell considering i have both right now) 5. I go to the gym very regularly, and seem to lose my breath a lot faster than i would 2 years ago. 6. Occassionally get them dark particles in my spit/phlegm. Haven't seen much recently though. Thank you.
Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, chest pains, wheeziness,
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query and an elucidate history. Read and understood your history and related questions, which I wo uld like to answer as you have asked for: 1. I have vomited while i was coughing earlier today, just wondering if i should look into that more? > Violent cough can cause enough pressure on the abdomen to induce vomiting; if there is associated acidity the process can be hastened. 2. sometimes get a very short and slightly sharp chest pain near my heart area. > If there is a local tenderness at a given spot, this can be due to costochondritis. Here comes the importance of clinical evaluation and examination by a Doctor to have a confirmed diagnosis and ask for further tests as may be needed. 3. Haven't noticed this as much lately, but sometimes when i work (warehouse) i get a sort of burning feeling in my chest/lung area? Hard to explain the sensation but thats the best i can do really. > Burning in heart and chest can be due to the inflamed airways- which in your case are due to respiratory inflammation as well due to the smoking. 4. Have been very wheezy lately, and whenever i cough i can hear the phlegm. wondering if thats because of the cold or smoking (probably had to tell considering i have both right now) > This is because of both, each addiing t the other- here again a necessity that the auscultation is needed for clinical evaluation and pulmonary function tests, X-ray of the chest and tests of blood and urine. 5. I go to the gym very regularly, and seem to lose my breath a lot faster than i would 2 years ago. > the reasons are similar as explained above. 6. Occassionally get them dark particles in my spit/phlegm. Haven't seen much recently though. > Such particles can be soot of the smoke you take in. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.