x
161 Physicians Online

Question:

Cold, blocked nose, sore throat with eye discharge

I have a blocked nose but feels like nothing is in my nose it hurts when i swallow my voice is crackly my right ear feels like im on a plane and it wont pop when i wake up my eyes are glued together by sleep and sleep builds up in my eyes during the day i feel sick sometimes what is wrong with me?

Answer:

You do seem to be having a viral upper respiratory tract infection which will run its own course. For your  sore throat i would advice some soothing lozenges, saline/salt water gargling, hot fluids like soups etc which will help soothing the inflammation. If you are not coughing out yellowish phlegm, you can just increase fluid intake, take over-the-counter cough suppressants (Robitussin) and have more citrus fruits. In case the symptoms don't subside or get better in a week then please see your physician for a follow up.

Guest Says: Is it better to take something to stop a runny nose and sneezing or just keep sneezing and blowing. I want my husband to take medication but he thinks it is better to blow and sneeze and get it out of your system.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA