x
77 Physicians Online

Question:

Cold, blocked nose, sore throat with eye discharge

I have a blocked nose but feels like nothing is in my nose it hurts when i swallow my voice is crackly my right ear feels like im on a plane and it wont pop when i wake up my eyes are glued together by sleep and sleep builds up in my eyes during the day i feel sick sometimes what is wrong with me?

Answer:

You do seem to be having a viral upper respiratory tract infection which will run its own course. For your  sore throat i would advice some soothing lozenges, saline/salt water gargling, hot fluids like soups etc which will help soothing the inflammation. If you are not coughing out yellowish phlegm, you can just increase fluid intake, take over-the-counter cough suppressants (Robitussin) and have more citrus fruits. In case the symptoms don't subside or get better in a week then please see your physician for a follow up.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Comments

Guest Says: Is it better to take something to stop a runny nose and sneezing or just keep sneezing and blowing. I want my husband to take medication but he thinks it is better to blow and sneeze and get it out of your system.

Sign In to join in the conversation.