September 23, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Cold Medicine and Erectile Dysfunction

Cold Medicine and Erectile Dysfunction

Patient: I have been sick for a few days and been taking regular dayquil, nyquil, advil, and airborne doses. I was feeling better yesterday and decided I was well enough to have sex with my partner, but could not ejaculate for the life of me. Is this a common side effect of these medications?

Symptoms: Severely delayed ejaculation; could not climax

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Due to the sedating nature of these medications you can experiencing transient erectile dys function as a side effect. Should this continue for an extended period of time, please consult your doctor to determine if you are having a prolonged adverse side effect from using these medications. Please be guided accordingly.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com