Cold sore or Canker sore?

Patient : Last week I was seeing this thing girl who may or may not have cold sore/herpes. I kissed(hardcore) so many times on her lips. During this week, I ate some salty french fries, salty dry fruits etc, which usually makes my lips dry, itchy, irritated. Now week after, I have cold/canker sore on my lower lip and side of the lips. It was dry in begening so I used teeth to take dry skin off now it turned into cold/canke sore. Where can I post a picture for you to take a look?
Symptoms:  COld / canker sore on lower lip.
Doctor :   Thanks for your question. It is a canker sore. Although cold sores and canker sores are often confused with each oth er, they are not the same. Cold sores, also called fever blisters or herpes simplex type 1, are groups of painful, fluid-filled blisters. Unlike canker sores, cold sores are caused by a virus and are extremely contagious. Also, cold sores typically appear outside the mouth -- usually under the nose, around the lips, or under the chin -- while canker sores occur inside the mouth. Hope this helps.