Cold, stuffed up nose, sore throat

Patient

Q: Can I give fluticasone to my ten year old son for his stuffed up nose?

Symptoms:  Stuffed up nose, can't breath through his nostrils
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Yes, fluticasone is a commonly prescribed nasal spray for nasal congestion in paediatric patients. However, it must be specially formulated for younger children as the regular dosage prescribed to adults may be too strong for your ten year old. Please see your doctor to be prescribed the appropriate dosage or an alternative medication that will be safe for use by your son.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com