Colestrol High, BP High

Patient: My colestrol level is 240, can i use fenoget (fenofibrate) or suggest some better medicine. My BP is also high about 140

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The DoctorYou have deranged lipid profile. With such high level of triglycerides, treatment is warran ted.I would advise you to get fasting Blood Sugar, Thyroid Profile, ECG. You should be started on a combination containing Atorvastatin and Fenofibrates. You should also reduce your weight. Avoid Fatty food, alcohol, smoking, potato, rice, oil. As far as Systolic BP of 140 mm Hg is concerned, you don’t need any medicine. You just need to take low salt diet and exercise for this purpose. This is my best opinion for you. You should discuss with your doctor before acting upon any advise.Stay healthy.