College student unsure about ADD?

Patient : I can't ever seem to concentrate when reading anymore. I often have to reread paragraphs multiple times for the meaning to even register. It takes forever to get through assigned readings for school, and so I often put them off til the last minute and then don't finish. I also often end up daydreaming during lectures and meetings instead of paying attention to what is going on. I seem to have a serious motivation problem lately. I end up somehow learning most of the material eventually, but I feel like I waste a lot of time getting distracted and miss out on a bunch of finer details from whatever courses I am taking. I've also always been quite fidgety. I don't really forget things though and am generally pretty organized. I continue to get good grades, so it seems like I am fine, but I just can't shake the feeling I am not living up to my potential. I guess my question is- does this sound like it is actually ADD or some other disorder? I am kind of afraid to go to the doctor to talk about it, because you know the college students trying to get Adderall stereotype. In the past I have been told that I was doing so well in school I couldn't possibly be depressed, which sounds incorrect to me since school required very minimal effort, but who knows.
Symptoms:  Inattention, lack of motivation, restlessness
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The symptoms that you have stated, do go in favor of attention deficit disorder. Now being diagnosed with ADD is not bad and those who face it, feel better once it is diagnosed and rectified. It certainly improves the quality of life. You may get a trial of Adderall after discussing it with your doctor and you may continue it only if you sense any benefits from it. Otherwise, you can anytime discontinue it and it won't cause any trouble. Do meet your Doctor. Hope this helps. Wish you a good health.