Coma for 7 months

Patient

Q: Hello, 7 months ago I went in coma because of alcohol poisoning for about 8 hours.I can't rememr how I went to hospital,is thee any posibility to remember it? Also,I feel so depressed,I can't stop thinking about it.because my friend did this to me and then they've left. I also wanted to know is it possible to go to coma for alcohol poisoning (4 shots of tequila?)

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

I wont call it coma, but it could be an intoxicated state. Yes, you can get intoxicated with 4 shots of tequila and thereafter probably you went to sleep. It won't have any later repercussions. Regarding what actually happened, there is no way to know except to ask your friends and hope they tell you sincerely.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.