Coming off of Depo Provera

Patient : Hi I have been on Depo provera for 3 years and am concerned about future fertility so decided to stop. I was due my injection 5 days ago (12 weeks) but instead started on the combined pill Loestrin 20. The last few days I have suffered with nausea, stomach cramps, headaches and sore breasts. How long will this last? And how will i know when I am ovulating again and can come off the pill to try and concieve? All i see on the internet is people writing in forums saying its taking them a very long time to concieve. Whats the probability that i will concieve sooner? I am young and active, also i did have to have the injection every 11 weeks usually as i started to bleed before the 12 weeks. does this mean that it will wear off quicker in me? Thanks
Doctor :   Hello, I understand your concern about going off Depo Provera. Since you switched to Pills instead of Depo Provera, this had to be started the next day your injection is due to decrease risk of fertility.. All the symptoms such as tenderness, weight gain, depression, cramps, and menstrual irregularities may continue until Depo Provera is cleared from a woman's body, about 6 to 8 months after her last injection. About fertility, one of the disadvantages of this contraceptive method is that it usually takes a minimum of 2 to 3 cycles and sometimes women may also have a 6 to 12 month delay in return of fertility. The reason is that the synthetic hormone is stored in the body tissues. You could try to increase the elimination of this form your body by drinking lots of water every day, eat lots of fresh raw organic vegetables, drink raw vegetable juice, sweat in a steam room or sauna, get lots of exercise and fresh air. I wish you the best.