Common causes of shoulder pain

Patient: Hello I have shoulder pain that goes up my neck I can’t sleep because the pain wakes me up. If I put any pressure on it while in bed the pain is unbearable.It is also popping. I cant raise my arm without help? What is this and what should I do? Thank you, Samantha

Doctor: That could be arthritis, nerve impingement or musculoskeletal strain. If there was a recent history of trauma, you shoul d see a doctor so xrays could be done to make sure there is no fracture or dislocation. If over-the-counter pain relievers will not work, you should see a doctor as soon as possible so you can be completely assessed and stronger prescription anti-inflammatory drugs and appropriate interventions can be started. I do hope this helps and take care always.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts