Common causes of unprovoked nosebleeds

Patient : ...my son has had 2 episodes of a bleeding nose in the past 24 hours, the last one lasting at least 10 minutes...
Doctor :   Common causes of nosebleeds in general are trauma: punched on the nose or nosepicking; extremes of temperature: too warm or too dry or too cold; overuse of analgesics (aspirin, ibuprofen [Advil] since in general, they can cause thinning of the blood, though much less blood-thinning effect with Paracetamol); viral infections and minor blood clotting disorders. The less common causes are nasal tumors and blood vessel malformations. When it happens, apply pressure on his nose until the bleeding stops. You can observe it for now but if it persists, have it checked by a doctor or an ENT specialist so that serious underlying conditions may be ruled out.  I wish you well always. Take care.