Common Overdose Symptoms of Flomax (Tamsulosin)

Patient: I have been taking flomax for a fews years with no side effects. I could not remember if I took my dosage (0.4mg) earlier or not (it would have been about 5 hours ago if I did). So I took a pill afew minutes agao. But then got worried that if I did take one 5 hours ago, will I have a problem now. I do not feel anything unusual at the moment (it has been about 30 minutes since I took that possibly second pill). Should I worry? never taken more than one a day before and still not sure if I even did.

Doctor: Overdose with Flomax is possible. Its effect on the blood lasts for ~10-12 hours. Usual symptoms of overdose are headach es, fainting or dizziness. These are worth watching out for. If you are not sure if you have taken 2 pills, driving is not advisable. To prevent this from happening again, if you have a cellphone, encode an alarm for medicine intake and do not turn off the alarm unless you have already taken it. This is merely a suggestion. I wish you well always. Take care.