Ask The Doctor > Pending > Complications with Abortion

Complications with Abortion

Patient: I had an abortion about 6 weeks ago and and about 4 days ago I began to have very severe bloating pains. About a day ago the pains turned into sharp pains on my right side under my rib and on my back. I also noticed swelling under my rib. I went to the ER and they took x-rays, looked at my gallbladder using an ultra sound, and did a urine test and they came up with nothing but I still am having sharp pains. I am wondering what it could be or if I should make another appointment to go back. Also would it be related to having an abortion?

Symptoms: Swelling under rib, sharp pain in right side and back, soreness of shoulders, extreme bloating, loss of appetite, feeling like throwing up

Doctor: