Conceiving after an ectopic pregnancy

Patient

Q: Hello, I'm 22 years old. I had and ectopic pregnancy on January 17, 2010. The ectopic pregnancy was treated with two shots of methotrexate and one surgery. I didn't had any of my organs remove since everything was okay. My question is when is the most appropriate time to try to conceive again after the two shots of methotrexate? I have heard the it is a drug that causes folic acid deficiency.

Doctor

A:   Hello, I understand your concern about pregnancy after taking Methrotexate. In my opinion, I would suggest you to wait at least 3 months before trying to conceive again. I will also suggest you to take prenatal vitamins/minerals especially containing Folic Acid an iron; they are recommended to be taken up to 3 months before pregnancy.