Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Conceiving get pregnant

Conceiving get pregnant

Patient: My partner and myself have been trying for a baby since July and has had no luck. I had an IUD for almost 4 years and he has only one testie. What is something we can do to concieve. After trying for so long we both have been getting stresses over the whole thing.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are not able to conceive naturally since seven months, better to go for few basic investigations.If you are having regular menstrual cycles, go for ultrasound once.Ultrasound helps in ruling out uterine and ovarian abnormalities.Semen analysis is advisable to your husband.If basic investigations are normal, you track your ovulation and plan unprotected intercourse around that period.Ovulation kits help in finding out the fertile period.If there is any abnormality in basic investigations, you need treatment according to it.In non responsive cases you may need assistance of artificial reproductive methods.Better to avoid stress as stress can affect the hormonal balance and may lead to menstrual abnormalities and abnormal seminal parameters.Take care.