Concern about abnormal pap smear

Patient

Q: A few weeks ago I had a pap smear that came back with "abnormal tissue" results. I went to the Dr. for post menopausal bleeding. She was going to do a D&C, but my blood pressure is to high for the cardiologist to give permission for the D&C until they get it down with new meds. I called and told my Dr. 's scheduler that I am working on blood pressure and can't schedule the D&C yet. She just told me about this "abnormal tissue" information because the Dr. wants to schedule a colposcopy in the office.
Does this mean I have cervical cancer? I thought a D&C dealt with the uterus; now we are doing a test on the cervical test... Does that mean Dr. thinks I have cancer there? I am really upset by this news. Can you answer?

Symptoms:  Abnormal pap smear.
Doctor