Concern about Radiation Poisoning

Q: Okay, this is a fairly random question but it's weighing on my mind. There's a guy I like and I'm considering more with him and all that. But he apparently was in the womb near the Chernobyl incident and has some minor birth defects. I'm worried if perhaps he would still have radiation poisoning and be able to transfer that onto me? Would really appreciate an answer so much, thank you.

A:   While radiation exposure in utero ( in the womb ) can lead to birth defects and also a higher risk of developing childhood cancers, the radiation does not pass from person to person.Radiation exposure causes changes and alterations in ones DNA structure thus leading to the outcomes like birth defects, low IQ etc. Thus the chances of the radiation being passed on to you is next to nil.