Concerned About Lymph Nodes in Groin?

Q: About 2-3 weeks ago, I bumped into a corner with my groin area (in the crease where the thigh attaches to the pelvis) on the right side. The impact was very hard and hurt quite badly. Later that day, I felt the area as it was still sore and noticed some round lumps below the skin. I still have these lumps, but they are no longer painful. They roll beneath the skin and are firm but rubbery; they don't seem to grow unless I mess with them. I know that lymph nodes are in this location, so I was wondering what exactly these small lumps(about 1-2cm)could be and if I should be concerned?

A:   In my opinion you had acute inflammation of inguinal or femoral lymph nodes due to trauma. Now you have slight enlargment of the lymph nodes that should resolve on its own but I would recommand you to visit your GP to rule out infection or any other underlying cause for the enlargment of lymph nodes.