Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Concerned about my vagina

Concerned about my vagina

Patient: Hi. I am an 18 year old Female and have recently become concerned with my vagina. When I urinate it doesn’t feel… Right. It’s quite hard for me to explain, but it’s uncomfortable like when you’ve held on to your urine for too long… Even when I havent? It’s a strange feeling. Also, I decided to take a look down there myself, and noticed a small red blood-like sore on the inside of my labia. I don’t have big Labia, it wasn’t blister like or a sore, it was just red, like it had a cut and was bleeding. I don’t feel any huge amounts of pain, but something down there just doesn’t feel right.. I don’t really know how else to explain it at this point in time. Does this sound familiar at all? I’m really freaking out!

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description, there is possibility of tear over labia minora.Using tampons, rough intercourse etc can lead to this type of problem sometimes.If the bleeding persists, better to consult your doctor and take treatment.Taking plenty of water can decrease the urinary symptoms sometimes.If the discomfort persists even after that, better to go for investigations like urine microscopy, urine culture and sensitivity etc, to find out the possible cause of the problem and take treatment accordingly.Take care.