x
157 Physicians Online

Question:

Concerned about Type I Diabetes Mellitus

What are some symptoms of type 1 diabetes? I have recently became a lot more thirsty, and I have been using the bathroom a lot more throughout the day. I also am always tired, I slept one day for 14hrs straight.

Answer:

Type 1 diabetes, an auto-immune disease, results from the body's failure to produce the hormone insulin, and requires the person to inject insulin. Symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes are :

Increased thirst and frequent urination
Extreme hunger
Weight loss despite eating more
Pronounced fatigue
Blurred Vision
Decreased mental sharpness

If any or all of these symptoms develop, it is a good idea to see your doctor who may carry out a simple test to check your blood sugar level and aid further diagnosis.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA