Concerned about what happened when I lost my virginity

Q: I'm 16 and I just lost my virginity today. I know that it is normal to feel pain and bleed after losing your virginity, but is it normal to bleed a lot? And when I say a lot I mean more than I would bleed on my period. The water in the toilet turned completely red and blood wouldn't stop dripping. It's not dripping like that anymore, but I am still bleeding and I had to put a pad on. And before anyone asks, no it couldn't be my period cause it's not even near that time of the month. Also, right after intercourse there were two big blotches of blood on the blanket that we were laying on. I really am unsure if it's normal to bleed like this, because I heard that if you bleed at all it shouldn't be very much blood. Is this normal? If not, then what could be going on?

Symptoms:  vaginal bleeding, vaginal discomfort, slight stomach ache