Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Concerned over c-section symptom

Concerned over c-section symptom

Patient: It’s been 4weeks since my c-section and I have a soreness feeling on my right side sometimes and it seems to be only that side. It’s not all the time but more than usual what is it?

Symptoms: Tenderness soreness I don’t feel it when I have the binder on just when I have it off is when I feel it.

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Generally most women experience a little to moderate discomfort around the abdominal area pos t a c-section say for over 8 weeks. There should be nothing much to worry of unless the pain is unbearable or persistent. It could be a myofascial pain or a nerve pain. If the soreness is accompanied by shivers chills or light to moderate temperature then it could be due to an infection. It is better to see your surgeon for post operative care once if the discomfort persists.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.