Concerned, possible pregnancy

Q: I had a surgical abortion roughly 4 months ago at 13.2 weeks along. I have not had any sex since the abortion and I have had a regular cycle. But, the past month and a half I have noticed my belly growing quite a bit. ( I typically weigh 112, so any belly growth is shocking). I can see/feel fetal like movement. I took a home pregnancy test a month ago and they were both negative. I haven't gained but maybe a pound and I do not have an appetite like a pregnant woman should have. I have a son, so the feeling in my belly seems familiar, but If I were still pregnant I definitely don't look near 7 months along. Could I be pregnant still??

Symptoms:  Fetal like movement that i can see and feel.

thanks for contacting

It is usually mandatory after a surgical abortion for a physician to ask for a ultrasound pelvis to look for any remaining products of conception before declaring complete abortion, so since it was done last 4 months back , the chances of you still being pregnant because of failed surgical abortion is negated. More over you had you menses after the abortion which again negates any pregnancy and to top it all, pregnancy tests were negative.

The possible movements which you perceived or saw were probably that of intestines which tend to get distended sometimes due to bloating and in thin women , peristalsis may be visible per abdominally,.

So, i hope i have cleared your doubts and addressed your query.
wishing you good health,