Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Concerta and hard training

Concerta and hard training

Patient: HI!I have a question regardin taking a low dose (say 10mg) Concerta before a hard training session or fight (i compete in mma).Can it affect my cardio/heart rate in a negative way?Is it possible on such a low does?Thank you!

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Taking any new medicines just before the “important day” is never advisable. The medicine may be very safe but still it can show side-effects on the first usage. Further Concerta should be used regularly if there is a need and should ideally not be used to improve performance. It can lead to dependence issues. Hence better to be away.Hope this helps.Wish you a good health.