Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Concieve 10 days before period?

Concieve 10 days before period?

Patient: I am 6 days late for my period and I am never late. My cycle is 24 days. Last period was nov 27. Had my paraguard IUD removed dec 11. I took a test this morning and it was a faint posative line. Could I really have gotten pregnant 10 days before my period?

Symptoms: Late period

Concieve 10 days before per...-1 Concieve 10 days before per...-1

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After removal of IUCD, ovulation can occur.If you had inte rcourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility of pregnancy.So, you can conceive before menstruation.Faint line is suggesting pregnancy.But to be sure repeat urine pregnancy after one week.If thick line comes, pregnancy test should be considered as positive .Take care.