Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Condom broke during intercourse but he did not cum. Could I still get pregnant?

Condom broke during intercourse but he did not cum. Could I still get pregnant?

Patient: I’m freaking out. I’m 15. My and my boyfriend had sex. The condom broke twice! He didn’t cum i don’t know if he pre cumed . When it broke we took it out ASAP! I haven’t told my parents and I don’t plan on it. Could I be pregnant? If i could what could I do to prevent it? We just had sex today

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Pre – cum or the broken condom during sexual intercourse can lead to a pregnancy. Si nce you had the sexual intercourse only today it is advisable that you opt for plan B medication or an emergency pill (morning after pill) immediately within 72 hours of the sexual intercourse to prevent an unintended pregnancy.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.