Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Confuse cause each livogen and fol 123 have folic asid

Confuse cause each livogen and fol 123 have folic asid

Patient: My wife was 22 weeks pregnant and her doctor advised her to take livogen z and fol 123 and susten 200,my question is each livogen z and fol 123 contain folic asid is trhis safe??

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Folic acid supplementation is advisable in pregnancy for neur ological development of the baby.Around 1 to 5mg of folic acid per day is advisable.Fol 123 contains 5mg of folic acid. Whereas Livogen z contains around 750 micrograms of folic acid.Little bit of excessive amount of folic acid per day usually may not lead to problems because it is a water soluble vitamin and storage of excessive amounts of vitamin doesn’t occur generally.Take care.