Confuse cause each livogen and fol 123 have folic asid

Patient

Q: My wife was 22 weeks pregnant and her doctor advised her to take livogen z and fol 123 and susten 200,my question is each livogen z and fol 123 contain folic asid is trhis safe??

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Folic acid supplementation is advisable in pregnancy for neurological development of the baby.
Around 1 to 5mg of folic acid per day is advisable.
Fol 123 contains 5mg of folic acid. Whereas Livogen z contains around 750 micrograms of folic acid.
Little bit of excessive amount of folic acid per day usually may not lead to problems because it is a water soluble vitamin and storage of excessive amounts of vitamin doesn't occur generally.
Take care.