Confused about burning sensation

Patient: I am a young man that practices celebacy. I do periodically masterbate. Yesterday afternoon I began to experience a burning sensation while urinating. I was told that this was a sign of an STD but am a bit confused as I have not had sex in almost a year. Please let me know what I should do

Doctor: This is a common occurrence in my practice. If you telling the truth and are not sexually active, your symptoms could be explained by epididymitis, urethritis or prostatitis.  All 3 can easily be diagnosed by your doctor by taking a detailed history and performing a focused examination.  A urine sample may be required but additional imaging is rarely ordered.The treatment varies depending on the diagnosis.