Confused about fatty infusions on liver, doctor information following.

Patient : After a recent abdominal ultrasound to check my gallbladder (which was deemed in good shape), I'm now very frustrated and confused by my GP's discussion of "fatty infusion" on my liver that showed up on the ultrasound. I started researching the issue and kept coming up with articles about Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease, which per my research at mayoclinic.com is not inherently a serious issue. My doctor's PA told me, however, that I had to abandon red meat (to no more than once per week) and include a variety of other dietary changes, which led me to ask her if I had fatty liver disease. She said "oh, no, you're nowhere close to that, and all your enzymes and bloodwork are perfectly normal, but it may lead to cirrhosis." Huh?? It's either probably nothing, or possibly cirrhosis?? The only other research I could find indicated that only 10% of fatty liver infusions truly migrate to something like Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, and then only 12% of those to even more serious issues like cirrhosis, so I'm not at all convinced I'm getting complete or full information. The ambiguity of the information is alarming, and leading me to consider changing GP's.