Confused about period or pregnancy

Patient : Hello i have a question about whether im fixing to start my period or am i pregnant. i took two tests and they both came back neg
Symptoms:  Period due saturday, boobs and back hurt, light pink spotting on monday and brown spotting today, overies cramping slightly.
Doctor :   Hello, I f your pregnancy tests are negative then the symptoms experienced by you are premenstrual symptoms which indic ate that the menses would ensue in flow in next few days. as you have already experienced spotting and light bleed already ,this may be the start of your menses. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards