Confused about Pregnancy Dates on Ultrasound

Patient : Hi i dont know if you can help. i am pregnant and my last period was end of november witch would put me at around 6 weeks i went for a scan on 14th jan and they could only see the pregnancy sack and yoke but not the baby the lady said im probably 4 to 5 weeks should i be worried
Doctor :   I understand how worried you are about your recent pregnancy follow up. Certainly if your last menstrual period was at t he end of November, you will need 2 more weeks after that date approximately to ovulate; therefore you should have been able to conceive around mid December. Let me reassure you that, if we follow this rule, then according to your last menstrual period you should be 4 +- 1 week pregnant. I hope I cleared your doubt.