Confused about STI result

Q: I had a blood test recently screening for HIV and Syphilis. I got my results back and it says negative test for HIV and "Normal test for syphilis"
That has me a bit freaked out but I looked online and I found this about getting blood results about syphilis "A negative test is normal. It means that no antibodies to syphilis have been seen in your blood sample."
Does that mean I tested negative for syphilis or shall I assume the worst??
I do have another appointment at the doctors but its too far away from now and I'd really like to feel reassured.