Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Confused between current medication and Tri-sprintec.

Confused between current medication and Tri-sprintec.

Patient: Hi, I am taking 1 tablet Abilify after breakfast and 1 tablet of Zyprexa after dinner. Should I switch to Tri-sprintec? Thanks very much.

Symptoms: Feeling better than when I took Abilify and Pristiq.

Doctor: Tri sprintec is a birth control medication and not related to abilify and zyprexa in anyway.They can not be switched for each other.If you are asking is it safe to take tri sprintec with your current medications, the answer is yes as long as you have no contra indications to oral contraceptive such as smoking or history of migraines, blood clots, liver disease, certain cancers.I hope that was helpful