Confused needing medical advice

Patient : I am allergic to benedryl. But I still suffer from allergies to other things. I also have anxiety and I was wondering if I can take hydroxyzine.
Symptoms:  Allergies
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The active medication in Benadryl is diphenhydramine. Diphenhydramine and Hydroxyzine are o f the same class of anti-histamine medications. It is possible that you may also be allergic to hydroxyzine as well. We do not recommend you taking this medication without consulting your doctor first. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com