Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Confused Teen in Need of Help With Confusing Pregnancy Tests.

Confused Teen in Need of Help With Confusing Pregnancy Tests.

Patient: I have no health problems or STD’s. Last had a period on September 7, 2014. Had unprotected sex on September 17. Always had a irregular period but its always varied by a few days a month. Never have I gone months without a period. Took five tests since then. 2 out of 5 of them were positive. I’ve had and continue to occasionally have all of the symptoms. Could I still be pregnant?

Symptoms: Nausea, Heightened sense of smell, Occasional cramping

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Considering your time of intercourse and the pregnancy results being positive, and having early pregnancy symptoms, it is quite possible to have a pregnancy. Kindly see a gynecologist for an examination, a beta hCG blood test and an ultrasound would be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Seek medical help for termination options.Hope this helped.Regards