Confused to whether it was an early period or pregnancy sign

Patient

Q: Hi i had unprotected sex and now im a little worried i may be pregnant. I had the sex about 2 weeks before my period was to come and took plan b less than 24 hours after the incident. After about a week i experience some bleeding. It was heavy enough for me to have to use a pad and lasted roughly 5 days. I am confused as to whether this was a pregnancy indicator or if i just experience my period early. could you shed some light on the situation.

Doctor