Confusing question regarding hair growth. Is there any hope for my fine-thin hair?

Q: I'm a 17 year old girl who isn't necessarily losing hair at the moment but has a question regarding hair loss-well, sort of. I started to diet in 7th grade and in 10th grade was diagnosed with anorexia. I had fine thin hair then which bothered me a great deal, but as I ate better it grew in a little bit thicker... but not much. I am now half way through my junior year of high school and still have relatively fine, thin hair. I still have not gotten my period (haven't had it since 7th grade) and I wonder if maybe the fine hair is due to hormonal changes? (my dad's side of the family has thick hair, mom has lightly thinning hair but it was thicker than mine at my age) (I also eat very well now)