Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Confusion about spotting

Confusion about spotting

Patient: My period went of December 24th and I had sex on the 30th. Right after the sex I was bleeding which i think is normal because it was kind of rough but then today I found blood on my underwear. What could it be ?




Symptoms: Small cramping

Doctor: Hello,Any form of post coital bleeding should be evaluated by a per speculum examination to rule out any evidence of cervical erosions and ectopy . Also it is suggested that you visit your physician for a PAP SMEAR and HPV DNA studies to look for any cervical dysplasia due to HPV infection.This is unlikely to be a breakthrough bleeding or a repeat menses, so please visit your physician for a local examination.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards


Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

View all posts