Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Confusion about spotting

Confusion about spotting

Patient: My period went of December 24th and I had sex on the 30th. Right after the sex I was bleeding which i think is normal because it was kind of rough but then today I found blood on my underwear. What could it be ?

Symptoms: Small cramping

Doctor: Hello,Any form of post coital bleeding should be evaluated by a per speculum examination to rule out any evidence of cervical erosions and ectopy . Also it is suggested that you visit your physician for a PAP SMEAR and HPV DNA studies to look for any cervical dysplasia due to HPV infection.This is unlikely to be a breakthrough bleeding or a repeat menses, so please visit your physician for a local examination.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards

View all posts