Consanguity and the risk of a deformed baby?

Patient : Somehow i had sex with my first cousin i had know idea he was my cousin but now im pregnant would my baby come out deformed or something wrong with it??
Doctor :   There is no way of knowing whether the baby will be born with some problem or deformity without carrying out an ultrasou nd at specific times during the pregnancy. However it has been proven that consanguity  has been a risk factor for various metabolic and genetic problems in the fetus. I would advice you not to worry just as yet and continue strict follow ups with your family physician or obstetrician throughtout the pregnancy and also have all the necessary ultrasounds. All the best.